What Is start.iminent.com?
start.iminent.com, a member of iminent search, is a malicious browser hijacker virus. It usually gets into your computer via downloading free software from the Internet. As soon as you install the software, the bundled start.iminent.com will be installed at the same time. Once being installed, this browser hijacker will be able to change your settings without any permission. As a result, your default browser homepage will be replaced by start.iminent.com and search engine will be changed to Start Search. Furthermore, this virus can redirect you to a secondary search engine and record your online activities while you search information through it. From then on, no matter you want or not, each time you open your browser this virus will display thousands of pop-ups according to your browsing habit. If you are attracted by these ads and click on them, your computer may get infected with other malware or virus. Even worse, the running extensions of this virus will take up your system resources so that it may cause a system crash someday. Therefore, you should remove this start.iminent.com away from your computer as soon as you find it.
How to Remove start.iminent.com Efficiently?
A. Manual Removal Instruction
Step 1. Stop associated running processes in Windows Task Manager.
Press CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC or Press the Start button > type "Run" to select the option > type "taskmgr" and press OK.
Click Start > Control Panel > Uninstall a program. Find start.iminent.com associated running processes and other unwanted programs, then uninstall them.
1) Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or Tools > Internet options.
2) Go to the Advanced tab and click the Reset button. Go to the Reset Internet Explorer settings > Delete personal settings and click on Reset option.
3) Click Close and OK to save the changes.
1) Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the Help section > Troubleshooting Information.
2) Select Reset Firefox and click Finish.
1) Click the Chrome menu button, select Tools > Extensions, find unknown extension and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
2) Click Settings > Show Advanced settings > Reset browser settings and click Reset.
Notice: Manual removal is risky and tough process requiring expertise. Not a single mistake is allowed. When you apply this method. please be careful in each step.
B. Automatic Removal Instruction
Step 1. Install SpyHunter
1) Freely download SpyHunter here.
2) Double click on it to install SpyHunter.
3) When the installation is complete, click the Finish button.
Step 2. Scan and fix threats with SpyHunter
1) Open SpyHunter and click Scan Computer Now! to start scan your computer.
2) When the SpyHunter scan is completed, you can see that it detects all the threats including start.iminent.com. Then click Fix Threats button to make your computer clean.
Notice: Using reliable anti-malicious software is the most efficient way for the victims who have a little knowledge about computer or are afraid of using manual removals to remove start.iminent.com. SpyHunter can help you remove it automatically. Therefore, just run a scan of SpyHunter and it will help you to solve all the problems efficiently and permanently.