However, some malware camouflages itself as msiexec.exe or a similar name. When msiexec.exe is corrupted by viruses or there is missing of files, your PC will perform abnormal and encounter different issues such as slow performance, personal date exposed, important system files modified, high CPU usage, common used programs inoperative, poor internet connection, even unexpected system crashes. Even worse, the threat seeks the system security leaks to make your system vulnerable for other risky viruses, which can put your system into deep trouble.
It is known to all that msiexec.exe should be in a system directory. If not, then it is a malware and you should remove it from the infected PC timely.
How to fix msiexec.exe efficiently and completely?
STEP ONE: Uninstall msiexec.exe associated program from PC
1. Stop msiexec.exe and its associated running process in Windows Task Manager.
Press CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC or Press the Start button, type "Run" to select the option, type "taskmgr" and press OK > end msiexec.exe and its associated running process.
2. Uninstall msiexec.exe associated program in Control Panel.
Click Start button> Control Panel > Uninstall a program > find suspicious program and right click on it and then click Uninstall to uninstall the program.
- Open Internet Explorer, click the gear icon > Internet options.
- Go to the Advanced tab, click the Reset button > Reset Internet Explorer settings > Delete personal settings > click on Reset option.
- Click Close and OK to save the changes.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the Help section > Troubleshooting Information.
- Select Reset Firefox and click Finish.
- Click the Chrome menu button, select Tools > Extensions, find unknown extension and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
- Click Settings > Show Advanced settings > Reset browser settings and click Reset.
STEP TWO: Remove msiexec.exe Leftover and Viruses Caused by It Using SpyHunter
SpyHunter is an adaptive spyware detection and removal tool that provides rigorous protection against the latest spyware threats including malware, trojans, rootkits and malicious software.
1) Click the below button to FREE download SpyHunter.
Note: SpyHunter's free version is only for malware detection. To remove the malware threats on your PC, you will need to purchase SpyHunter's malware removal tool.
STEP THREE: Optimize Your PC with RegCure Pro
RegCure Pro is an advanced software that can help you with uninstalling programs, managing your startup items and optimizing your computer performance.
1) Click the below button to FREE download RegCure Pro.
Important: msiexec.exe should be kicked out of your PC immediately if it is a threat.
Download SpyHunter to remove any malicious virus.
Download RegCure Pro to fix slow PC.