Know more about Svchost.exe
Svchost.exe is a process that is used to host or contain other individual services that Windows uses to perform various functions. It is a required Windows file and is used to load needed DLL files that are used with Microsoft Windows and Windows programs that run on your computer.
Because svchost.exe is used as a common system process, some malware often uses a process name of "svchost.exe" to disguise itself. If you see multiple svchost.exe running processes in your Task Manager and your PC performs abnormal as before, there will be malware in your PC. The original system file svchost.exe is located in either the c:\windows\system32 or c:\winnt\system32. Any file named "svchost.exe" located in other folder can be considered as a malware.
Potential Harms Caused by Svchost.exe
- Consume a lot of your CPU usage
- Take up much of your memory
- Download malware in your computer
- Collect your important data saved on PC
- Create backdoor and connect to remote attackers
- Make your computer sluggish
- Cause your system crashes
Remove Svchost.exe Malware in Easy Steps
STEP ONE: Uninstall Svchost.exe associated program from PC
1. Stop malicious Svchost.exe running process in Windows Task Manager.
Press CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC or Press the Start button, type "Run" to select the option, type "taskmgr" and press OK > end Svchost.exe and its associated running process.
2. Uninstall Svchost.exe associated program in Control Panel.
Click Start button> Control Panel > Uninstall a program > find suspicious program and right click on it and then click Uninstall to uninstall the program.
- Open Internet Explorer, click the gear icon > Internet options.
- Go to the Advanced tab, click the Reset button > Reset Internet Explorer settings > Delete personal settings > click on Reset option.
- Click Close and OK to save the changes.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the Help section > Troubleshooting Information.
- Select Reset Firefox and click Finish.
- Click the Chrome menu button, select Tools > Extensions, find unknown extension and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
- Click Settings > Show Advanced settings > Reset browser settings and click Reset.
STEP TWO: Remove Svchost.exe Leftover and Viruses Caused by It Using SpyHunter
SpyHunter is an adaptive spyware detection and removal tool that provides rigorous protection against the latest spyware threats including malware, trojans, rootkits and malicious software.
1) Click the below button to FREE download SpyHunter.
Note: SpyHunter's free version is only for malware detection. To remove the malware threats on your PC, you will need to purchase SpyHunter's malware removal tool.
STEP THREE: Optimize Your PC with RegCure Pro
RegCure Pro is an advanced software that can help you with uninstalling programs, managing your startup items and optimizing your computer performance.
1) Click the below button to FREE download RegCure Pro.
Important: Svchost.exe should be kicked out of your PC immediately if it is a threat.
Download SpyHunter to remove any malicious virus.
Download RegCure Pro to fix slow PC.